You are UNIQUE! It is important to pursue a personalised approach to health and wellness.CONSULTATION
Skype Sessions Available
Initial consultation will include a detailed history and appropriate examination.
Relevant investigations (Medicare and private functional medicine tests ) are arranged so as to assist with diagnosis and optimisation of health.
These may include blood tests, food intolerance/allergy tests, stool analysis (gut bacteria,yeast, parasites), genetic profiles, hair mineral analysis & salivary hormone tests.
Management is based upon the consultation and investigation findings with appropriate treatment (e.g. appropriate lifestyle advice inc nutrition & ayurvedic principles, nutritional supplements, herbal treatments inc. western,ayurvedic or chinese herbs). Intravenous nutrients
(including Vitamin C) can also be given for some conditions such as viral infections, chronic fatigue, poor immune function and as adjunct to cancer treatment.APPOINTMENTS
INITIAL appointments- are 1 hour (pro rata). IN PERSON- not by phone.
FOLLOW - UP appointments are usually 30m. A short follow up appointment is 15m. Charges are based on time - which will depend on content and complexity of issues that need to be discussed.
After your appointment is made, you will be called the day before to confirm. If for any reason, you are unable to attend, PLEASE contact the clinic as soon as you can, so the time can be allocated to someone else who needs it.
MEDICARE REBATES are available. However, full payment will be required at time of consultation and you will need to contact Medicare to claim the rebate following your appointment.
PHONE CONSULTATIONS- Follow up appointments can be done via phone under certain circumstances (e.g travelling, inconvenience due to distance) and are booked like a normal appointment. These will be charged pro rata. Unfortunately, a Medicare rebate is NOT available for phone consultations (Medical Board regulations).BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
It will greatly assist us both if you could bring the following with you at the appointment. This will potentially save time during the consultation.
1. RESULTS - relevant investigations- blood tests, scans, functional tests (stool, hair analysis, food intolerance). If you don't think something is relevant, bring it anyway!
2. CORRESPONDENCE- relevant letters from other specialists and practitioners (including GP's, naturopaths, nutritionists). If referred by another practitioner, a brief letter will be useful- but not essential.
3. Brief, chronological SUMMARY of your medical history.
4. List of MEDICATIONS/SUPPLEMENTS. Ideally bring them all in if you can (to ascertain exact ingredients and dose).
5. A typical 7 day FOOD DIARY - all meals, snacks and liquids - (Yes, everything! - and please don't specifically change this just before your consult!)And lastly
- Restoration back to optimal health and wellness can take time depending on your individual situation. This is not a magic bullet approach and there are no quick fixes - even in Integrative Medicine. You must be prepared to take responsibility, have patience and be committed to improving your situation because you want to better your health, your life and not accept the limitations (you or others) may have put on yourself. Our commitment to you is that we will do our best to assist you on this journey. The crucial letters in WELLNESS, are "WE".
Certificates – Life Coaching, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Time line therapy & Hypnosis (American Board of NLP)
- BSc(Hons) [Biochemistry/Microbiology] (Charing Cross & Westminster Medical School, University of London)
- MB BS (Imperial College, University of London)
- MRCGP (UK)
Certificate IV in Fitness- Personal Trainer (Personal Training Academy)
Registered Exercise Professional - Fitness Australia
Certificate in Ayurvedic Healing (Nature Care College)
- Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (ACNEM)
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M)
- MINDD Foundation
- American Board of NLP (ABNLP)
- Fitness Australia
- Australasian Society of Lifestyle Medicine
- Institute for Functional Medicine
- Yoga Australia